Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Dogwood Blossom

I have been working today on my Dogwood Blossom Quilt.  This is the quilt I'm making from my online class: Handstitched: Camp Pearl.  Week three is about hand embroidery.

Part One:

Divide the white boarder into 32 2" squares!  Well, of course my boarder was shy of the 18" square boarder; mine was about 17.65 so I had to do math.  Have I mentioned that math is not something I like figuring out!  But finally, I figured out an equation but it didn't do me much good.  So for those who have trouble like me: the equation is: 18(X)=17.6(2) and the answer is 1.95 inches.  OK, now try to find 1.95 inches on your clear quilting ruler! Anyways, I just started drawing about 2" squares and hoped for the best.  Sometimes, that's OK.
32 2"ish Squares

Then I drew triangle lines and stenciled the Jewel template onto fabric.  I liked that I could use my Lightbox for this project.  I had bought it last year when I had  a 50% off coupon at Joann's Fabrics.  I don't use it often enough so I'm happy I could bring it out of the closet!  Plus, it is so easy to use compare to using stenciling paper that sometimes smudges onto the fabric.  
Using Lightbox
Now, I'm embroidering the running stitch.  I believe I'll take these stitches out and try again.  I know I can do better.  I'm not a perfectionist but I also don't like sloppy work and that is what it is right now....

Back Stitch and Running Stitich

I did a little shopping for class supplies....



I am getting ready to start another class project:  Sashiko Coasters.  

Keep smiling and stitching!  








No comments:

Post a Comment