Monday, July 2, 2012

Hand and Machine Sewing

Adding some hand stitches around medallion centerpiece.  There's a lot of squares so I might be at it for a while.  Great piece to slow me down a bit...this should keep me out of trouble for a while :)



I have missed sewing on my machine so I started sewing some Timeless Treasures Tonga Treats strips together.  I am making some placemats for my mother in law.  I hope she likes them.



I haven't  decided on the back.  I was thinking of keeping it simple using a linen blend with a column of the front in the center.  








1 comment:

  1. That is some really nice hand stitching! I haven't done much of it myself, but eventually I will get around to it. I really love the look of it. It adds a "lil something extra" to quilts. :)

    ReplyDelete